The Institute for Applied Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics (IAPG)
The Institute for Applied Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics (IAPG) is part of the Department of Geoinformation. Application-oriented education, research and development in photogrammetry, geoinformatics and related areas are its main fields of activity. The IAPG constitutes on successful accomplished projects and long-time contacts to cooperating universities, public authorities and companies.
- The photogrammetry and optical 3D metrology group focuses on acquisition, processing and visualization of 3D imaging systems.
- The geovisualization and cartography team develops user-specific methods for visualizing complex spatial and temporal information.
- The geoinformatics group is specialized in the management and processing of digital spatial and spatiotemporal data.
- The economic and business GIS team analyses time-spatial structures and processes of economic activities.
- The working group geodata analysis investigates complex, mostly spatially related questions based on data in order to support decision making and generate new knowledge from data.